Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010... Hello Blog!


Welcome!  After months (and months) of reading/stalking other people's blogs, I finally decided to give in and start one of my own.   And I know... totally cliche' to (purposely) start my blog on January 1st... but I couldn't help myself.  Speaking of January 1st, allow me to share my 2011 New Year Resolutions:


1)  Give up "Rated R" Movies.   Let me explain.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE movies.  I am seriously that girl that stalks movies and is sitting in the dead center of the movie theater on opening night.  However, most "Rated R" movies (in my opinion) have gone off the deep end of inappropriateness.  In the past, I have felt convicted to stop watching them, but my love for movies just always made me ignore my conviction.  My breaking point?  Love and Other Drugs.  If you have seen that movie, then you know why I made this resolution...

2) Read The Bible Daily.  I think I make this resolution every year, but I have a plan for 2011.  I asked my husband to buy me The One Year Chronological Bible for Christmas this year.  It is simply The Bible divided into 365 daily readings.  This is perfect for me because I thrive on structure--especially because The Bible can be very overwhelming if you don't have a designated reading plan.  You can find The One Year Chronological Bible at any local Christian bookstore or Amazon.com for around $15.00. 



3) Exercise (at least) Three Times a Week.  I know... another cliche' resolution.  However, I planned for this resolution in advance, too.  I asked my mom to buy me Skechers Shape-Ups Toners for Christmas this year.  NOTE: My Skechers are the NON-boat style (See Pic Below).  They are really cute and completely normal looking.  So, hopefully they will inspire me to exercise regularly and get in shape. 


4) Start (and maintain) a Blog.  Obviously... :)


Well, that's all for now.  I hope you all have a very safe, blessed, and Happy New Year!!


1 comment:

  1. Yay you started your blog! what a great idea to get The One Year Chronological Bible!

    ReplyDelete