Saturday, January 7, 2012

Back to the Real World...

   Well, school started back this week, which means I had absolutely NO time to craft! *Sigh*  However, I did stay true to my work out resolution and attended TWO Zumba classes this week.  That means I worked out two solid hours and burned off hundreds of calories.  Yay! 
    So, the Wednesday Zumba class I attended had an instructor I have never Zumba-ed with before (meaning I knew NONE of the dances), and let's just say I made myself look like a complete fool for an entire hour trying to keep up with this chick.  I am definitely NOT a natural-born dancer, but I can at least fake keeping up with the hip hop routines.  However, this instructor loved salsa dances (which I am horrible at) so I ended up completely embarassing myself for an hour straight.  Oh well, at least I worked out, right?

Moving on to crafts...
    
I went to Hobby Lobby and Michaels today (with a 40% off coupon to each store) and got the following products for $29.00.  The coasters were already on sale, so I ended up saving $16 total.  I love bargain shopping! 


CRAFT HAUL = Armour Etch, White and Pink Acrylic Craft Paint, and 4-Piece Glass Coaster Set.  I have a few projects in mind for each of these items, but nothing official yet.  We shall see...

Guess what?  I got my first craft "order" from a friend!  She wanted an established name tile with a dark red monogrammed "H" and black lettering for the name and date.  Here is a picture of the "H":

And here a picture of the completed project:


I am pretty pleased with the end result.  And the good news is it only took me HALF the time compared to the first tile I made. 

Alright, off to bed for me.  Hopefully, I will have some more craft-time in between lesson planning tomorrow. Good night :)


No comments:

Post a Comment